Ruby

Sunday, September 21, 2008

More fun with simple toys


This is not the first time that the children found potholders to be useful.

Nanay (Ruby's great-grandmother) gave her the doll. I asked Ruby if the doll looked like her, and Ruby came up with several important differences:

1.) "I don't have a pretty dress like this. I need to get one."
2.) "I don't have these slippers. But I have some slippers at home."
3.) "She doesn't have curly curly hair like me."
4.) Ruby doesn't have flowers in her hair. (I couldn't remember exactly what Ruby said to describe this.)
5.) "Mom, your hair is black, and her hair is yellow. And dad's hair is black, and my hair is black, and Theo's hair is black." (Theo chimed in here and said, "Dad's hair is gray-white.")
6.) "Her eyes are blue and white and black. My eyes are only white and black."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home