Ruby

Saturday, January 24, 2009

We go sledding for the first time this winter

Grampy and Grandma live near a very nice sledding hill. It snowed about a foot when we went to visit them, so the sledding hill was busy when we went. It was cold, so the snow was powdery, terrible for snow ball fights, and when you go sledding you get a big puff of wet snow in your face!

I wished that I had my contacts on, because my eyeglasses would get really steamy. Fortunately, Grandma brought a handkerchief to dry them after each sledding run.

Grandma took this picture of everyone at the top of the hill.



Ruby was one of the first to get cold, but not before a few sled runs and one snow angel.




Here's one of my favorite videos of the day. Six of us rode on the toboggan: (front to back) Ralphie, Ruby, Grampy, Theo, Mom, and Dad. As we sledded down, we temporarily disappeared in a cloud of snow.



Part of the way down, I tried to shield my face by putting my arms up, but it was hopeless. At the bottom of the hill, I put my arms down and discovered that Theo had become a pile of snow in front of me. Ralphie was screaming and Ruby was whimpering because we forgot to warn them about getting blasted in the face with snow. Theo was perfectly calm though. He just stood up, dusted himself off, then started eating the snow off his gloves. He had a hard time climbing back up the hill, because the whole time he was trying to eat the snow from his gloves, and it kept throwing him off balance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home